Amish Acres

Amish Acres® Historic Farm and Heritage Resort is Listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It is America's most complete Amish heritage experience featuring historic interpretation, culinary and performing arts, lodging, and shopping.

Friday, March 03, 2006

The Miller sisters are baking again!


We open tomorrow. Frieda, Esther, Rosalie, and Ruth, three Millers and one Bontrager, are busy baking snicker doodles, chocolate chip and M&M cookies, plus coffee cakes, apple and cherry strudle. Cooling on the next rack are the apple, shoofly, cherry, and pecan pies.

I thought I could resist having been without all winter; I can't. My office door opens unto the aroma and draws me through the door to the cooling rack where I watch myself snitch a cookie of choice. I will try harder to resist tomorrow just like I have said on opening day for the last thirty six years. So I don't feel alone, you, too, can be tempted: Amish Acres General Store: Oldfashioned Shopping A Newfangled Way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home