Amish Acres

Amish Acres® Historic Farm and Heritage Resort is Listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It is America's most complete Amish heritage experience featuring historic interpretation, culinary and performing arts, lodging, and shopping.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Little Things

We have spent the last forty years in the hospitality industry. Every day we emphasis the importance of the little things we take for granted that those visiting us from outside our community, state, and nation find exceptional. We just received this letter from a happy customer—from three decades ago—that illustrates that one of the littlest things we pay attention to is the lowly Great Northern bean. Through the Internet that didn’t exist at the time of her visit, Victoria found Amish Acres General Store and purchased Amish Acres Recipe Book to find our soup recipe that hasn’t changed her in 38 years.

Great Northern beans are the dried seeds of green beans, when mature. These medium-sized white beans are traditionally prepared in the United States. Like the smaller navy bean, Great Northern beans are related to kidney beans and pinto beans and most of them eaten in the United States are grown here in the Midwest. They are high in Protein (14.7g in a cup!), Iron, Magnesium, Folate, and Calcium. They make heavenly soup; I hope they can’t be turned into Ethanol. Here is Victoria’s Email from England, received today just before another party from England called upon arriving at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago wanting to know what time the restaurant served Threshers Dinner that starts with a steaming iron kettle of bean soup.

Hello from England,

I'm so excited that I found you on the web.

I came to visit you, along with my three lovely sisters Sarah, Lucy and Emma just over 30 years ago, I was 11 then and we still talk amount the amazing day. We had such a lot of fun but the part of the day that really stands out for us is your amazing, gorgeous, terrific and utterly delicious 'Bean Soup'!!!!!!!!

Alas nothing can compare, which is why I'm so very glad that I have found you and can ordered your lovely recipe book x 4 for myself and my sisters.

I have had a look at the 'Bean Soup' recipe on-line but after looking at the ingredients I am unsure what 'soup beans' are. Could you please tell me what bean or selection of beans they are so we will be able to make the soup for ourselves at home in England. I don't want to use the wrong bean and spoil the flavour.

Thank you so very much.
I hope you have a lovely day

Kind Regards

Victoria (Eastbourne, East Sussex)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home